Hey wait a minute! This blog is one year old!  

Posted by Abba-Dad in ,

I pretty much missed it, but this blog turned one a couple of days ago. I can't believe I've been at this for a year now. In the past year I've had over 4,300 visits from about 3,500 unique visitors from 91 countries. Many of the more popular posts had to do with free templates and reviews I did of Geni and MyHeritage. So instead of listing the most viewed pages I think a more significant list would be the posts that meant most to me during my first year as an amateur genealogy nut:

  1. My grandfather had a twin brother nobody knew about!
  2. My second daughter was born and we named her after my great grandmother.
  3. My mother brought a lot of old photos and documents on one of her visits.
  4. I found out why City Directories are so great.
  5. I took my family on a local ancestors field trip.
  6. I translated a chapter from the Dolhinov Yizkor Book about my great-grand-uncle.
  7. I wrote about the annihilation of my Dombek line in the Holocaust.
  8. I am still trying to figure out who Margret Bishop/McElrath really was. I now know that her maiden name may have been Margret Timmons.
I think those are my top findings/posts for the past year. Along the way I have connected with several lost branches of the family and found out about many of my second/third/fourth cousins.

I look forward to many more years of exciting research and findings. Thanks for reading.

This entry was posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 at 10:36 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Congrats! Looks like we started at the same time...mine was 7/29. :)

August 2, 2009 at 6:41 PM

Post a Comment