Baby Bella is Here!  

Posted by Abba-Dad in , , ,

Bella Brannon Dekel was born on the afternoon of April 7th. I wrote a little bit about her name on my genealogy blog (link here), but we haven't gotten around to posting any pictures yet. So here's a quick photo dump for everyone to enjoy.

Still in the OR, right after the nurses cleaned her up:



In the nursery, getting her first bath:



Kiki has been amazing with Bella and loves to hold her and comfort her:



Since it was Passover, we all got matching seder-plate shirts and a onesie for Bella:



My three girls:



Me and my babies:



Getting ready to go home:



First night at home, girls in matching pajamas:



So as you can understand we've been home for a couple of days and so far I can tell you that this kid is certainly a night owl. She only cries when she is hungry or when she needs her diapers changed, which is pretty much every 15 minutes. She makes the funniest grunts and squeaks when she sleeps and is a very strong baby. She lifts her head up and if she's got her arms or legs bent, good luck trying to stretch them out (for putting on sleeves or diapers). The hospital photographer was shocked when she saw here hold her head up at 3 days.

I can honestly say that I don't remember any of this from when Kiki was born. Which means that no matter what happens, we're all going to be fine in the end, right? Anyway, more pictures later. I am going to try to take a nap.

This entry was posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 at 2:55 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Congratulations! Both your girls look like real sweethearts - enjoy every minute with them.

April 13, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Love the pics! Congrats on your new addition. I just have to say that I love Kiki's hair - what a doll she is! Mom looks fantastic! Congrats again!

April 13, 2009 at 3:52 PM

All the pics are wonderful. Congratulations to you all and welcome to the world Bella! Love and hugs. :)

April 13, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Thanks for sharing the photos of your lovely family with us, Amir.

My daughter (first born) was great at holding up her head right from the start, while my son (born 3 years later) was a typical floppy-headed newborn. I was so used to having a baby who held her head up just fine that when my son came along, I kept forgetting to support his head properly!

I think you'll be amazed how two children (especially both girls) from the same set of parents can be so very different from one another, physically and in personality.

Congratulations once again!

April 13, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures of you and your family! I knwo what you are going through with the lack of sleep, my daughter had her second child on April 13th, a girl and she held her head the first day. My daughter is lacking sleep terribly. Last night the baby decided to wake up every half an hour. At least we know this stage will pass. Enjoy your family and congratulations again!

April 28, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Post a Comment