Oh Baby!  

Posted by Abba-Dad in ,

This is my submission to the 7th edition of Smile for the Camera.

footnoteMaven has asked us to "Choose a photograph of an ancestor, relative, yourself, or an orphan photograph that is the epitome of Oh, Baby! and bring it to the carnival." I have a lot of baby pictures to chose from. I obviously have hundreds of photos of my daughter as well as many of myself, my wife, my sister and my nephew and niece. I even have a few of my mother and father, but I think I will save those for some special occasion.

I decided to go with another photo from my brith. I already posted the one of my grandfather wincing in pain as the rabbi does the deed. But the next photo is all smiles. I like to call it the 'Lion King' photo:


I am not sure if this was the custom in 1970 in Israel. It always struck me as odd that Rabbi Rafiki is holding me, an 8-day old Baby Simba, high up in the air while King Mufasa and Queen Sarabi show absolutely no sign of worry for their newborn son. My mother does seem to be a little bit sedated, but my dad is totally carefree and has the biggest smile on his face.

I guess times have changed a bit, because today, if I caught anyone holding up my child like that, it would probably be the last time in a long time that they were able to hold up their arms. I'm kidding. But I would not be happy. At all.

I still love this photo, though. Everyone looks so happy. Except for me.

Circle of Life. Oh Baby!

This entry was posted on Friday, November 7, 2008 at 10:38 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

That's gotta be the oddest photo in the carnival, Abba-Dad!

November 16, 2008 at 9:46 AM

Post a Comment